Directions to Miyajima from J Hoppers Hiroshima Hostel
By JR Train (JR Rail Pass available)
- Take JR Sanyo Line to "JR Miyajima-guchi Sta". (Free with JR pass or 410yen/28mim)
- Take JR ferry. (180yen/10min) Timetable
Attractions in Miyajima
Since ancient times, Miyajima has been regarded as one of the "Three Most Beautiful Spots" of Japan, and as a part of the Seto Inland Sea National Park, it has received several distinctions, such as a place of extraordinary scenic beauty, exceptional history, a scenic preservation area, and a natural monument.
Get Miyajima Map and Mt. Misen Map Photo provided: Hiroshima Prefecture
- In Japan, deer is regarded as the messengers of Shinto gods. Feeding the deer is banned in Miyajima.
- Deer Poop Ice Cream
- Some ice cream shops on Miyajima sell Deer Dropping Ice cream... Don't worry, those are not real ones.
- Momiji Manju
- There are some special Momji Manju that you can only have in Miyajima. Please try a Fried Momiji Manju.
- Touching O-torii
- During low tide, you can walk to the foot of the great Torii.
- Hiking Mt. Misen
- Mt. Misen is the highest place on Miyajima Island and on a clear day provides breathtaking views of the Seto Inland Sea.
- Miyajima Aquarium
- Features various sealife and interactive displays around the Seto Inland Sea. 宮島水族館
- Raw Oysters
- Oysters are the most famous seafood in Hiroshima. You can eat it even raw!
- Grilled conger eel served over rice, is now considered a local specialty. Many Miyajima restaurants serve it.
- Miyajima Crafts
- Find some souvenirs for your friends and family. Shakushi (rice scoop) , Kendama (cup and ball) and more..